Ninjago RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ninjago RPG

A role-play game based on the LEGO Ninjago universe.

+2
Luc Temple
Marrek Revél
6 posters

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only

Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only Empty Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only

Post  Marrek Revél Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:43 pm

The headquarters of the Ninja is located in an ancient Monastery, and caverns beneath it. When making it their base, the Ninja added many high-tech upgrades to the ancient uilding and cave network.
    When Lord Garmadon opened a portal to another dimension, he inadvertently allowed many other evil forces to enter the land of Ninjago. Realizing that four Ninja would not be enough to combat this new threat, Sensei Wu allowed Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane to train apprentices of their own. When signing up to be a Ninja, you will decide which Elemental Clan (Fire, Earth, Lightning, Ice) you want to be a part of. Each Clan has inherent strengths and weaknesses. (E.G. Ice is immune to an Ice Elemental Attack, but weak to one of Fire. Ice is neither immune nor weak to Attacks of Earth or Lightning.) As you gain experience by attaining higher levels, you will gain more power and abilities. Using Elemental Power (E.P.), Offensive and Defensive Weapon Power (O.W.P. & D.W.P.), Spinjitzu Power (S.P.), Speed Factor (S.F.), and Endurance Points (E.D.P.) you can make Elemental Attacks, use Spinjitzu, summon Dragons, transform Weapons into Vehicles, E.T.C.

Notes:

•Sensei Wu, Nya, Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane are NPCs. You must create a Ninja character of your own.
    •Samurai X (Nya) has no Clan, as the Clans revolve around Elements.
    •Lloyd (Green Ninja) does not play a role right now, as I don't know much about him (Element, Golden Weapon, E.T.C.). When I do, I will add him and his Elemental Clan.
    •Lord Garmadon is not in the Ninjago universe, and plays no role in the game.
    •I have taken some elements from the Heroica RPG, but this is by no means a copy.

Each Ninja starts out at Level 1. At Level 1, your stats are: 10 Coins, 8/8 Health, 8/8, S.P., 8/8 E.P., 8/8 E.D.P. At each Level, you get one more point in each stat other than Coins. In Levels 1 - 5 you can only make Physical Attacks and Spinjitzu Attacks. At Level 6 you gain the abillity to Summon Elemental Dragons to your aid. At Level 11 you gain the abillity to transform your Golden Weapon into a Vehicle. After Level 15 you may take a Trial to achieve your True Potential, after which you become a Master, and can start your own Elemental Clan. At this point, you can choose Ninja from other Clans to join yours, or you can recruit new ones. You can also still go on Missions. Levels 1 - 5 have regular robes. Levels 6 - 10 have DX robes. Levels 11 - 15 have ZX robes. After Level 15 Ninjas will have NRG robes.

To make a P.A. (Physical Attack) you simply say "I make a P.A. on the Level 15 Hypnobrai" a dice roll will determine what the outcome of the Attack is. To make a S.A. (Spinjitzu Attack) you say "I make a S.A. on the Level 2 Venomari" and deduct one S.P. from your stats.
    Dice roll determines outcome. S.A. increases the possible inflicted damage by two, and reduces your possible damage to one half.
    To make a E.A. (Elemental Attack) you say "I make a E.A. on the Level 8 Fangpyre" and you deduct one E.P. from your stats. Level of weakness to a certain Element determines level of damage if a Hit is made.
    To Summon Dragons you say "I Summon Dragon(s)" and deduct one E.P. from your stats. As many E.P. as you have before the deduction is how many Dragons of your Element come to your aid. Each will target one enemy, and any surplus Dragons will double up on some enemies. No dice roll needed. Dragins can also be ridden, adding 50% to your Speed Factor (S.F.).
    To Transform Golden Weapons into Vehicles you say " I Transform my Golden Sword into a Vehicle and attack the Level 4 Anacondrai" and deduct one S.P. and one E.P. Use of this power increases your potential inflicted damage by three, and lowers your potential recieved damage to one third. The Vehicle used is determined by your Element. Only P.A.'s are allowed in Vehicle Mode. Vehicle Mode also increases your S.F. by 100%.
    Note: After gaining an ability or power, it is kept forever.

Earth: "Stone Shield" All members of the team have their potential damage reduced to one half for one round.
    Ice: "Freeze" All enemies cannot act for one round, and if any Ninja rolls a Special in the next round, their targeted enemy is "Shattered" -defeated regardless of its level of Health.
    Fire: "Burn" All enemies take 5 damage.
    Lightning: "Shock" All enemies are slowed down, thus allowing the Ninja to make two attacks in one round.

Special Powers are used should that side come up after the dice roll. If a Ninja states that they will make a E.A., S.A., or V.A.(Vehicular Attack), or Summon Dragons; that Ninja will get their point(s) back.

Rows:

Front Row: Ninja can inflict and recieve full damage. Back Row: Ninja can inflict and recieve half damage, unless they use ranged weapons, in which case they will inflict full damage.

Vehicular and Spinjitzu Attacks are not made from any row. Elemantal Attacks can be made from either row without any loss of power.

The Die:

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only 6844266340_dcdf15ea00_s
    The Die used in the game has six sides:
    Red = Special Power Recieved = 1
    Orange = Elemental Attack Recieved = 2
    Yellow = Damage Recieved = 3
    Green = Miss = 4
    Blue = Damage Inflicted = 5
    Dark Blue = Special Power Inflicted = 6
    Note: Opposite sides of a die add up to 7.

Weapons:

Each Weapon has two types of Weapon Points: Offensive and Defensive.

Damage Inflicted is equal to the Ninja's Level, multiplied by the O.W.P. of the Weapon in use, divided by the D.W.P. of the enemy's Weapon. Damage Recieved is equal to the enemy's Level, multiplied by the O.W.P. of the Weapon in use, divided by the D.W.P of the Ninja's weapon

The Weapon used must be specified in the Battle Post.

Crystals:

Crystals cost 5 Coins, and can be used to bring any stat (other than Coins) up to its maximum level. Crystals can be purchased in the Vendors thread.

Weapons:

Weapons can be purchased at the Four Weapons blacksmith shop in the Vendors thread. Each Weapon has its own basic price, but it can be upgraded to a higher level. Upgrades cost Coins. Some Weapons can also be fused together, when fused, the W.P.s of the Weapons are combined. Fusing also costs Coins.

1 Damage = -1 Health.

Elemental Attack is equal to the Attacker's maximum E.P. for their level, multiplied by the Weakness Factor (W.F.) of that Elemental matchup. (Ice v.s. Ice/W.F. =0, Fire v.s. Ice/W.F. =2, Ice v.s. Lightning/W.F. =1, Ice v.s. Earth/W.F. =1) No Dice roll is needed for E.A.

Teams: Each Team must consist of at least one Ninja from each of the four Clans.

Tornado of Creation: ToC defeats all enemies regardless of level of Health, but uses all S.P. and E.P. of the Ninja involved, regardless of the level thereof. ToC must include at least one Ninja from each of the four Clans.

Speed: Every Ninja and enemy has a Speed Factor (S.F.). S.F. starts at 5 and increases by 1 S.F. per Level attained. When riding a Dragon, S.F. is increased by 50%; when in Vehicle Mode, S.F. is increased by 100%. Speed is used to chase and outrun enemies
    Jump, Dodge, Charge: These make use of Endurance Points (E.D.P.); and their effects are as follows: Jump: Used to jump up onto something, or to a different position (used in battle to gain an advantage). Uses 1 E.D.P. No dice roll needed. Dodge: Used to reduce the chances of taking Damage. Die is rolled twice, and the better of the two rolls is used. Uses 1 E.D.P. Charge: Doubles the Damage inflicted if a Hit or Special is rolled. Uses 1 E.D.P. E.D.P. can be replenished with Crystals. Jump, Dodge, and Charge can be used in combination with an attack in one turn.

Elemental Telekinesis: Uses 1 E.P. (Elemental Point). These are Elemental "Force" powers.

Dropped Weapons: Each enemy carries a Weapon that, when defeated, can be taken by the Ninja. All Weapons can be used or sold. Any Weapon that is taken from an Enemy can be sold (in-game or out-of-game) for its full value. Any Weapon that is purchesed can also be sold, but only for half of its value.
    Straps and Bags: As each Ninja can only carry 8 misc. items and 4 Weapons, Straps and Bags are needed. Straps cost 20 Coins, and can carry 8 misc. items, or 4 Weapons. Bags cost 40 Coins, and can carry 16 misc. items or 8 Weapons. Only two Straps and Two Bags can be carries at a time. 1 Weapon = 2 misc. items. There is no limit to how many Coins a Ninja can carry.

Notes:
    1. Skeletons and Snakes are not the only enemies that you will face; they come in all forms.
    2. Ninja come in all forms, too.
    3. There is no single starting Weapon, though it must be of the lowest cumulative W.P. (I will continue to work out W.P. values, so the ones in the test battle may change.
    4. All Ninja may use all Weapons, even ones taken from defeated enemies.
    5. Elemental Attacks and Telekinesis come from the Ninja itself, not the Weapons. (And, thus, can be used even when disarmed.)

Swords: 3 O.W.P./3 D.W.P. Small, Ranged Weapons (always paired): 2 O.W.P./4 D.W.P. (throw) & 4 O.W.P./2 D.W.P. (hold) Sharp Stick-Mounted Weapons (not ranged): 3 O.W.P./3 D.W.P. Slack Weapons: 4 O.W.P./2 D.W.P. Miscellaneous: Whatever makes sense.

Notes: Paired Weapons count as one Weapon in terms of:
    Carrying
    Fusing
    Purchasing
    They count as two Weapons in terms of:
    Attacks (One can be thrown and not retrieved, but the other can still be used)

Misc. Weapons include:
    Simple staff
    Bow/Crossbow
    Hammer
    Spear (Ranged, but not Paired. Sharp and Stick-Mounted, but Ranged. See the problem?)

Slack Weapons include:
    Whip
    Nunchucks
    Bladed, Spiked, or simple chain weapons

Monastery: Rules and IC discussion.
    First Post: Rules
    Second Post: Ninja Database (all active Ninja, with their stats) Regularly updated.
    Third Post: Mission Logs (links to completed and ongoing Missions, statuses of completed Missions) Regularly updated.
    Fourth Post: General Database (any additional info) Regularly updated.
    Additional DB Info: No red text is allowed. Red text is used for Alerts. (Only authorized personel can send Alerts)
    Green text denotes communications from off-ship. All Ninja carry comlinks (comms are not included in Inventories; they are simply to give a canon reason for Ninja being able to post in the Monastery thread), and they are used to call for backup, ask a question, access databases, etc. Game sign-ups are to be made in the Monastery thread.

Sensei Wu's Chamber and Ninja Command Center: Mission Sign-ups and Report-ins.
    An Alert will go out in the Monastery thread when a Mission becomes available. You must sign up in the Bridge thread.
    First Post: Ongoing Missions and Missions available for sign-up.
    After signing up for a Mission, a certain number of Ninja will be chosen. An Alert will go out in the Monastery thread with the names of the chosen Ninja. You must report in to the Command Center in order to be sent on the Mission.

Dojo: Training Missions take place here, aswell as Trials.

Vendors: Crystals, Weapons, and other items can be purchased here.

Questions and Discussion: OOC discussion about the game.

Other (Non-Thread) Info:

Backup Teams: Currently, there are two Backup Teams. (More can be added as needed)
    These Teams consist of four NPC Ninja, one of each Element. Single members of the Teams are used to replace Ninja who have dropped out of a Mission, if no other Ninja can be found. They also (in full Teams) act as reenforcements for Teams who are having trouble. Backup Team members are controlled by the GM in that Mission.

Last edited by Marrek Revél on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 am; edited 4 times in total
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only Empty Active Ninja

Post  Marrek Revél Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Active Ninja:

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only 1-16
    Name: Marrek Revél
    Element: Ice
    Stats: Human * Male * 21 Years Old
    Level: 1 * Coins: 10 * Health: 8/8 * S.P.: 8/8 * E.P.: 8/8 * E.D.P.: 8/8
    Inventory: Katana (O.W.P.: 3/D.W.P.: 3), Crystal
    Played By: LEGOman273

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only 2-41
    Name: Luc Temple
    Element: Ice
    Stats: Human * Male * 19 Years Old
    Inventory: Nunchucks (O.W.P.: 4/ D.W.P.: 2), Crystal
    Played By: Theboywonder

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only 3-39
    Name: Raya Clishan
    Element: Lightning
    Stats: Human * Female * 16 Years Old
    Inventory: Fang-Shaped Dagger (O.W.P.: 3/D.W.P.: 3), Crystal
    Played By: Poison Ivy

*Awaiting additional files*
    Name: Mark Reeve
    Element: Lightning
    Stats: Human * Male * 19 Years Old
    [b]Level
    : 1 * Coins: 10 * Health: 8/8 * S.P.: 8/8 * E.P.: 8/8 * E.D.P.: 8/8
    Inventory: Shurikens (O.W.P.: 2/D.W.P.: 4), Crystal
    Played by: Bricksandparts

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only 8-7
    Name: ? Alias: NinjaX
    Element: Earth
    Stats: ? * Male? * ? Years Old
    [b]Level
    : 1 * Coins: 10 * Health: 8/8 * S.P.: 8/8 * E.P.: 8/8 * E.D.P.: 8/8
    Inventory: Sythe (O.W.P.: 3/D.W.P.: 3), Crystal
    Played by: Palathadric

Last edited by Marrek Revél on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 15 times in total
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only Empty Mission Logs

Post  Marrek Revél Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Mission Logs:
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only Empty General Database

Post  Marrek Revél Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 pm

General Database:
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only Empty Active Alerts

Post  Marrek Revél Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Active Alerts:

No Active Alerts

Last edited by LEGOman273 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    Luc Temple
    Luc Temple
    Admin

Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only Empty Re: Ninjago Monastery / IC Posts Only

Post  Luc Temple Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Luc Temple walked into the Monastery. It seems he was the first one. He used to be an Arena Fighter.

He still had the Nunchucks that his late father gave to him.

They were to be the weapons that avenged his spirit and made the world a better place.
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 pm

She walked into the strange monastery, in some ways so similar to her home, and yet in others vastly different. The inside of the temple seemed bigger than the outside, but maybe that was because it was so empty. Only two others were in with her, and there were no missions posted on the missionboard. She decided to roleplay talk to one of the others, the one holding the Nunchucks.
    "Hello. I see you are of the Ice clan, well, at least you look it. You know, white robes, makes you look like an Ice Clan member. But if you aren't, that's fine too. Uhm, can I start again? Embarassed Hi. I'm Raya. Who are you? Empty place you have here, huh? Oh well. Guess more'll show up later, right? I hope so. Get awful lonely without anyone else here.."
    Bricksandparts
    Admin

Post  Bricksandparts Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Mark Reeve walks into the Monastery, a 19 year old boy that had looked up to joining the Applesauce of Spinjitzu!
    "Hello? Anyone here?"
    He looks around and only sees two others.
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 pm

The party suddenly becomes aware of a dark shadow at the back of the room. A figure is slouched in his seat, feet thrown up on the table as he downs some unrecognizeable drink.
    "Would all of you stop your blight-headed bumbling. There are quite a number of us here. Already too many for my liking! Why must you act as if you are the only ones around?"
    I sneer, although no one can really see it and slouch back in my seat failing to introduce myself.
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 pm

NinjaX wrote:The party suddenly becomes aware of a dark shadow at the back of the room. A figure is slouched in his seat, feet thrown up on the table as he downs some unrecognizeable drink.
    "Would all of you stop your blight-headed bumbling. There are quite a number of us here. Already too many for my liking! Why must you act as if you are the only ones around?"
    I sneer, although no one can really see it and slouch back in my seat failing to introduce myself.
    "Oh. Hello, Mr. DarkShadow. Or can I call you Bob? I'm afraid of shadows... Especially when they are scary, and dark, and evil-looking.... Yikes!" Raya runs off, down some corridors, and eventually ends up in the battle training room.
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 pm

"'Bob?!?' 'Dark Shadow?'" a hissing sound proceeds from under the wraps covering what one would guess is my face.
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Post  Marrek Revél Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Raya Clishan wrote:
    NinjaX wrote:The party suddenly becomes aware of a dark shadow at the back of the room. A figure is slouched in his seat, feet thrown up on the table as he downs some unrecognizeable drink.
    "Oh. Hello, Mr. DarkShadow. Or can I call you Bob? I'm afraid of shadows... Especially when they are scary, and dark, and evil-looking.... Yikes!" Raya runs off, down some corridors, and eventually ends up in the battle training room.
    Um. . .Hi.
    I'm Marrek Revél; who are you?
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Raya's head darts out from a doorway, on the other side of the room from which she went in.
    "I'm Raya, Mr. Marrek. Hi. Howyadoin'? I'm doing fine, thanks.Well, in a sense of the word.... Raya's voice fades as she walks farther away, then she pops out of another door, directly behind Marrek. "Man, these corridors lead everywhere.... Wierd...."
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:08 pm

"A name is a name is a name. Nothing more. Whether you call me X, Y, or Z is of little importance to me or you," I snarl. Not giving Marrek the honour of actually looking at him. Although, because my eyes are hidden, even if I had glanced up he wouldn't have seen it.
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

NinjaX wrote:"A name is a name is a name. Nothing more. Whether you call me X, Y, or Z is of little importance to me or you," I snarl. Not giving Marrek the honour of actually looking at him. Although, because my eyes are hidden, even if I had glanced up he wouldn't have seen it.
    "I take it you don't want to be friends then? Crying or Very sad Awwwwww. Sad "
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

"'Friendssss!?!' What an archaic term. There are no friendssss, fairy, only 'acquaintances'.
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 pm

NinjaX wrote:"'Friendssss!?!' What an archaic term. There are no friendssss, fairy, only 'acquaintances'.
    "Huh? Shocked I'm not a fairy.........Am I?"
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

"Sssspoken too much today," I hiss and slump back in my seat. "I hope I needn't quessst with thissss one."
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:31 pm

NinjaX wrote:"Sssspoken too much today," I hiss and slump back in my seat. "I hope I needn't quessst with thissss one."
    "Well, you're stuck with me." Raya says as she stomps over and perches herself on the table opposite the shadowy guy. "Well, at least for now," she says, looking around the Monastery, and then, in a dead whisper, "You know, that Marrek guy looks awfully cute..... Maybe I should go over there, talk to him...."
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Post  Marrek Revél Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:15 pm

"Been bitten by a Fangpyre, NinjaX? Or are you a Serpentine in disguise?"
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 pm

"Don't ssspeak lightly of thessse thingssss!"
    Marrek Revél
    Marrek Revél
    Admin

Post  Marrek Revél Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:56 pm

"I'm not. You sound like a snake. Take off your headwrap."
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Raya, not helping, says, "I've never had a headwrap! Is it something important? Probably not. I'm so excited to be here with you guys! We're gonna be best friends! bounce Very Happy " She walks in between the two, obviously not noticing the palpable tension in the air, and slings her arms around both their shoulders. They're both so much taller than her that she has to lift herself up to do it, but she still does.
    NinjaX
    NinjaX
    Admin

Post  NinjaX Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:36 am

I shrug Raya's hand off my shoulder and sit back in my seat. "Youth!" I snarl a little.
    Raya Clishan
    Raya Clishan
    Admin

Post  Raya Clishan Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:19 pm

NinjaX wrote:I shrug Raya's hand off my shoulder and sit back in my seat. "Youth!" I snarl a little.
    "Aw. Sad You don't like me then?! Crying or Very sad "

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am